Child Care BC Numbers for Port Coquitlam
Since we launched our Childcare BC plan in 2018:
- Total child care investments*: $30,065,662
- Total that parents have saved through fee reductions and benefits†: $11,879,759
- Total new licensed spaces funded through Childcare BC‡: 143
- Total Early Childhood Educators (ECEs) getting a raise through our Wage Enhancement: $601,318 going to 59 ECEs
Child Care BC Provincial Numbers
- We invested an historic $2 billion in child care in our first three years of the Childcare BC plan.
- With Budget 2021, we’re investing an additional $233 million over 3 years that will help families throughout our province, bringing the total investment in childcare since 2018 to $2.3 billion.
- Total amount that parents have saved through fee reductions and benefits: Over $688 million
- Total number of funded spaces: Nearly 26,000 (the fastest space creation in BC’s history)
- Total number of Early Childhood Educators (ECEs) getting a raise through our Wage Enhancement: Over $62 million going to more than 13,000 ECEs
- Total number of bursaries for students pursuing a career in child care: over $16 million for over 8,000 bursaries
- Since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, we invested more than $320 million to support over 4,500 child care centres.
Opportunities for Child Care outreach in Abbotsford South
- Drop off goodie bags: These can be full of education resources and other items from the Legislative Gift Shop such as colouring books, posters, stickers, tattoos, and more. You can find a list of which local Child Care Centres have opted in to the Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative here: http://bit.ly/CCFRI
- Host a virtual community roundtable on child care: Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information about how to host a child care roundtable in your riding – we will be scheduling these for later in the summer.
- Check out the Child Care Map: http://bit.ly/childcaremap